Monday, August 20, 2012

LET ME INTRODUCE MYSELF

  First of all, let me introduce myself. I recently retired as pastor of the First Apostolic Bible Church, Lawrenceburg, IN. My wife, Janet, and I founded the church when we moved from Seymour, IN to Dearborn County more than 44 years ago.
 I'm a retired newspaper reporter/editor and also served for 20 years as Cincinnati correspondent for People Weekly magazine. During this period, I was also correspondent for Life magazine for a number of years.
 My many years of ministry have been a wonderful experience that taught me much about life, people, and their problems. I found you can help them by introducing them to the world's greatest problem solver--God, Himself. 
 God's word--the Bible--provides both you and me much information as well as the answers to many problems of both the individual and society. This wonderful book declares itself to be God's word and gives us His position on most all of the situations we face in this life.
 The Psalmist declared, "For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven." (Psalms 119:89) In Matthew 24:35, Jesus said, "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away."
 Today, I'm a great-grandfather who has served the Lord Jesus Christ for the better part of 60 years. He called me to serve him as a boy of 14 in a humble little country church in Southern Indiana. I've never been sorry that He chose me, and I treasure our relationship as the greatest single decision I've ever made. 
 This walk with God is built on a relationship and a God-given testimony that has proven to me God's faithfulness throughout all these many years. I'm writing this blog to tell you He's been a miracle-worker in my life. He also loves you as much as me, and is anxious to do exciting miracles in your life as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment